This module is the first in our Botanic Garden Basics series and looks at how we define a botanic garden.
By the end of this module you will:
- Be able to define a botanic garden
- Understand the history of botanic gardens
- Understand why botanic gardens are important
- Recognise the different key roles that a botanic garden plays
- Understand what a vision and mission is and how to develop one for your organisation
Audience: Those who are interested in setting up or developing a botanic garden
Length: 3 hours
Access for BGCI members: Free (please use enrolment key which can be found in the SheepApp or contact BGCI). Click on the course title to begin.
Access for non BGCI members: Please contact BGCI for more information