This module is the first in our Botanic Garden Basics series and looks at how we define a botanic garden.
By the end of this module you will:
- Be able to define a botanic garden
- Understand the history of botanic gardens
- Understand why botanic gardens are important
- Recognise the different key roles that a botanic garden plays
- Understand what a vision and mission is and how to develop one for your organisation
Audience: Those who are interested in setting up or developing a botanic garden
Length: 3 hours
Access for BGCI members: Free (please use enrollment key which can be found in the members area of the BGCI website or contact BGCI). Click on the course title to begin.
Access for non BGCI members: Please contact BGCI for more information)