This is the fourth course, which provides an introduction to plant collection policy for botanic garden professionals. We will look at policy, purpose and how to develop your collection. This will help towards the BGCI accreditation scheme.
This introductory course is free to BGCI members and will take approximately three hours to complete.By the end of this module you will:
- Understand the purpose of having a plant collection policy
- Have an understanding of your plant collection
- Have developed a strong processes for identifying you collection
- Have practiced aspects of plant collections
- Have a basic tool to create a plant policy framework to achieve accreditation
Audience: Botanic garden curators/collection managers/data managers who are interested in an introduction to plant collection policy and how this might be implemented in botanic gardens.
Length: 3 - 4 hours
Access for BGCI members: Free (please use enrolment key which can be found in the SheepApp or contact BGCI). Click on the course title to begin.
Access for non BGCI members: Please contact BGCI for more information